Want to get involved? Here’s how:
- Contact your legislators and ask they vote for fair maps and create a transparent process that allows us time to give critical constituent feedback to our legislators.
- Plan to attend the upcoming legislative hearings on the proposed Congressional, State House and State Senate districts:
September 14 – Draft congressional and Indiana House maps posted online
September 15 at 1pm: House committee hearing
September 16 at 10am: House committee hearing and rally following on the south steps of the Statehouse (facing Washington Street)
September 20 at 10am: House committee vote (they will meet to amend and vote on the bill—they will not take more testimony.)
September 21 – Draft Indiana Senate maps posted
September 23 (Time TBA) – House vote
September 27 (Time TBA) – Senate committee hearing (testimony will likely be heard)
September 28 (Time TBA) – Senate committee vote
October 1 (Time TBA) – Senate vote
The movement for independent redistricting in our state is gaining momentum – and being a part of it is easier than you think! Read more about our tools to go All IN for Democracy!
- More than one third (54) of Indiana General Assembly races were unopposed in the 2016 general election
- Indiana had the lowest voter turnout (28%) in America & worst turnout in 72 years
- 48% of likely U.S. Voters said American elections are not fair to voters